Braces are used to correct orofacial problems in children, teens, and adults but more children and teens use them than adults. Problems that braces correct include overbites, crowding, gaps in the teeth, and a number of additional issues that may cause you to be unhappy with your smile. Thousands of people use orthodontist services and maybe it is time that you do as well. Read below to learn a few more facts about braces that will make you smile beautifully in no time.
1. Braces were first used in oral health care in 1728. Yes, braces have been around for more than 300 years already and aren’t going away anytime soon.
2. Braces are used most commonly to straight the teeth
3. There are 10 different types of braces. This gives every child/teen or adult a plethora of choices.
4. If your child needs braces, you’ll need to schedule an appointment with the childrens orthodontist Torrance CA. This is the dental expert who handles orthopedic oral health needs.
5. Most patients wear braces for a minimum of 18 months to a maximum period of two years. This varies from one patient to the next.
6. Although some people think that braces hurt, there is no pain during the installation process. They may need an adjustment period after install and can cause discomfort upon first use.
Call an Orthodontist to Schedule Braces Service
Cosmetic issues make smiling much harder than it should be. When you smile, you feel better and you are happier. If self-esteem issues affect you, I’m sorry. Braces can help. But there is only one way to learn if braces are right for you and the needs of your family. Schedule a consultation to learn more. There is no cost and has so much information.